This is a loaded question, in regards to affiliate marketing. For me the answer is yes.
You can make money while you sleep. Let me be the first to tell you, when it happens, it’s the greatest feeling in the world.
You see affiliate marketing is all about making money, pure and simple. Most people (gurus) will try to tell you that it’s super easy to make money online.
That is the farthest thing from the real truth.
It takes a tremendous amount of work up front. With that said, once you get everything in place then, yes it does become much less work and easier to make money while you sleep.
My opinion is you have to find a method that fits you. The most important fact is, that people don’t mention is you must like and enjoy doing the method you choose.
That is very important and took me forever to figure out.
In this post I want to teach how to create some passive income with affiliate marketing.
If this is your first time and you are new to internet marketing this post will help you get started.
Whether or not you, are a beginner or a novice in affiliate marketing I am sure that you will find something useful and something you did not know in this post.
Before I get carried away here is a simple definition of affiliate marketing.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Basically, affiliate marketing is when you make a commission selling someone else’s product or service. This can be done online as well as offline.
There is a simple 3 step process to affiliate marketing.
- Build followers and trust in a certain niche, then promote products or services to them.
- Then your tribe or followers purchase the product or service through your affiliate link.
- Now the best part you get paid a commission after your followers buy the product or service via your affiliate link.
How To Get Started With Affiliate Marketing?
Now that we have gone over what affiliate marketing is and how it works, let’s go over how you can get started.
Most of the affiliate marketers, out on the Internet seem, to never have a plan in place when they start.
All they end up doing is signing up for every affiliate program under the sun.
What happens next is the end up getting overwhelmed and quit or they just keep joining and buy every new product out there.
When this happens, I call this shiny ball syndrome.
Whatever you do, do not be like them in fall into this vicious cycle.
If you want to be successful in the affiliate marketing game take your time come up with a plan and follow these simple 4 steps I'm about to show you.
1. Find Your Niche
I know, I know what did you say “
No matter how you pronounce it choosing the right niche will help you focus on your business and help you come up with unique content.
Most people or beginning (affiliates) in this situation, choosing your niche is the hardest part of the business, but in reality it really doesn't need to be this way.
All you need to do is ask yourself these four simple questions.
- Is there a topic that you are passionate about? For most of us if you are passionate about something it will be easier for you to come up with content because you have knowledge in this topic already.
- Is this topic or Niche large enough? A general rule of thumb regarding to this is, can I create at least 100 posts or videos in this topic or niche? You want it to be large enough so you don't’ hassle with ranking and SEO or becoming an authority in the space or niche.
- Is there any over-saturation in the niche? What you need to ask yourself is can I make any money in the niche or is there too many affiliates already in this niche.
- Does the niche have plenty of money surrounding it? Yes, I know money isn't the answer to everything but you want to make sure that this niche has plenty of room to optimize it, (meaning there is plenty of money to be made in the space).
If you want to research a niche just go to Clickbank and create
Here is how you would go about doing this just go to Clickbank.com then go to the affiliate market place at the top.
From there you will see different categories on the left.
When you click on one of the categories on your left it will then bring up a page with products you can sell on your right and filters on your left.
When it comes to finding products on ClickBank most people use the gravity metric to find them.
This means the higher the gravity means more affiliates are promoting the product, so that means they are making money on that product.
The lower gravity means that less affiliates are promoting it. Myself, I like to find products no lower than 10 and as high as it can go.
2. Build A Website
Now the fun starts once you find a niche that you're happy with and that is profitable now it's time to build a website or create some videos.
The main focus that we're going to focus on will be your website or your blog, now there are plenty of things you have to put in place first and pages that you must create.
I am going to list the pages below, but if you have any problems, you can find plenty of information on YouTube about this entire process.
- About Page: Just give people a little personal note about yourself and why you created this site Etc.
- Contact: All this is a simple contact form for people to reach out to you once again, you can find on how to install plug-ins that have this built into it.
- A Disclaimer: This means that you need to disclaim to people that you are making money from this site with affiliate commissions.
- Terms of Service: This is a simple page that states that you will not be liable for anything that happens to the person that is visiting your site or buys from your site.
The key with the legal pages
Like I mentioned before, you can find out a ton of information about how to create these pages on YouTube and Google if you get lost.
3. Create Quality Content
Once all of the framework that is listed above is complete you are ready to start creating quality content, remember content is King.
Some of the affiliate networks out there will require you to have some content on your site before they accept you but not all of them follow this practice.
It can get complicated when it comes to creating content so in saying that we will keep this very basic.
First, what you want to do is find a keyword that you want to rank for.
Once you find a keyword phrase all you need to do is write 700 to 1500 word article and include that keyword phrase in the article.
Now keep in mind the keyword phrase is going to be the main topic and focus point of your article.
This means the keyword phrase is what your article is going to be about.
You can always search on Google for related websites on your topic and see how other people are structuring their blog content to get ideas.
4. Build An Email List
As much as you don't want to hear this yes email marketing is the number one gateway to your customers and following.
The best affiliate marketers will always build a list or following in the niche they are targeting.
They will do this by giving away information, usually in exchange for an email address.
Some will give away what they call a lead magnet for an email address.
A lead magnet can be anything like a PDF guide or a cheat sheet giving someone more information on the topic.
For me the best way to do this is with a pop up email form on your site. There are plenty of plug-ins for your WordPress site that can do this for you.
When it comes right down to it, this is the bare minimum and it's just some framework in place for you to follow.
I would suggest to invest in yourself and your education and purchase some decent training out there is a lot of good training and some very bad draining.
Personally myself, I have lost thousands of dollars investing in bad training.
- When looking at training in the affiliate marketing space keep in mind reviews or the key.
- Guru's will tell you this is a very simple business model. All you need to do is to build an audience. Then you market to the to your following (audience).
I can honestly say that you have to build up trust with your following that is the key to making sales with affiliate marketing.
I hope you enjoy this article, please like share and comment.